This is the personal website of Chu Heeyeon, PhD. The URL of this website is https://heeyeonchu.com/.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
1. What data do we collect?
Contact forms on this website collect personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.) when provided by users. Users can request via email a data export or cancellation of any data that have been inputed in our forms. When a request for personal data export or cancellation is created, we will export or erase any Personally Identifying Information (PII) related to the email account used by the user.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies:
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites:
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide this website with most of the data it collects. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or contact form.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
3. How will we use your data?
This website collects your data so that it can:
- Email you if you have requested to be contacted via submission of a message through contact forms.
- Send newsletters to those who have opted in.
- Create analytics of user behavior on our website via Google Analytics.
We do not disclose or share any data imputed in our forms or any kind of Personally Identifying Information with third party companies or organization. All the data collected by our website are confidential.
4. How do we store your data?
Our website securely stores your data at our data-center provided by greenhost.net. Read the data-center policies to see the security measures adopted to safeguard your data.
Data are store on our website in compliance with GDPR until we receive a request of cancellation by email form a user.
If you have opted-in for a newsletter, we will send you emails with updates and information that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. Data collected by our website are not shared for commercial purposes.
6. What are your data protection rights?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service after the second request.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our website’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request us to transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email using the contact form in the homepage.
7. Privacy policies of other websites
9. How to contact us